Gibson USA 2017 Guitars
GIBSON USA 2017 RANGE
It's that time of the year again, the new Gibson USA 2017 range of guitars is upon us. There are a few interesting tweaks and changes this year, but seemingly nothing too drastic! It looks as though there will be plenty to please both those who want a traditionally styled guitar that has been perfected over the years, as well as those after something with a few modern performance adjustments. Here’s the lowdown on what to expect from the 2017 range.
General Talking Points
- Playability tweaks, not big change: 2017 looks to be the year of minor tweaks to Gibson guitars to aid playability as opposed to big changes. There are new, modern body carves, internal weight relief, slim taper necks and rolled edges, but nothing too drastic!
- There’s choice: Both the “traditional” range and “high performance” range of the core USA models remain present in 2017, just as in 2016. Meaning if you want the classic design that Gibson have spent years perfecting, you’re covered! Or, if you are after truly high-performance features and modern technology, then you are covered too!
- Different finishes: There are a couple of different finishes that have instantly caught our eye this year; check out the Blueberry Burst LP Standard, the Green Ocean Burst LP Classic or the Cherry Burst SG Standard.
- In Stock & Available to Buy Now: We have a variety of models available to buy now with more models coming into stock on a weekly basis. If the model you're after isn't in stock then fear not, you can still place a special order and we'll order in the guitar especially for you.
- Lefties: Gibson will be catering for lefties this year, although it looks as though we won’t be able to get hold of those until later on and have no definite details as of exactly what will be available yet.
The Gibson 2017 Les Paul Classic T Ocean Green Burst
Gibson 2017 Traditional Range
As expected, the traditional range will feature the usual round up of Les Pauls: Standard, Traditional, and Studio, as well as the Classic. Gibson have also introduced a new Firebird Studio, featuring full fat 496R/T pickups, as opposed to the mini-humbuckers found on the regular version.
The Gibson 2017 Firebird Studio T Satin Vintage Sunburst
Of course, the SG Standard, Explorer and Flying V all feature once again, with the latter also packing a pair of Dirty Fingers pickups for some serious distortion and sustain. The Les Paul and SG faded versions also make a welcome return in 2017, with some slight adjustments whilst remaining affordable. Not to forget the Les Paul Studio, a true workhorse of a guitar, this time featuring Gibson’s super-modern weight relief, making the guitar even more comfortable to gig whilst sacrificing none of its tone.
Gibson have also revamped the EB Bass this year, with both 4-string and 5-string versions available in Vintage Sunburst and Natural Satin finishes. They feature the Babicz full contact bridge to provide great resonance and sustain, as well as lightweight swamp ash body that is carved to feel much comfier to play.
The Gibson 2017 SG Standard T Cherry Burst
The LP Standard, Traditional, Classic, and Studio, as well as the Firebird, SG Standard, Explorer and Flying V - all ship with a classic Gibson brown hardshell case, a premium leather strap, a Gibson multi-tool and a polishing cloth.
The LP Tribute, LP Faded, SG Faded, Firebird Studio and the EB Bass all come with a padded gig bag, strap and polishing cloth.
Gibson 2017 High Performance Range
Once again it seems the 2017 range of Gibson HP guitars will prove to be ridiculously-gorgeous and brilliantly-versatile beasts. The flagship HP Les Paul Standard will feature an AAAA flamed maple top, and if lasts years choices were anything to go by, then no doubt this years will be just as stunning.
The Gibson 2017 Les Paul Standard HP Bluerberry Burst
All models will feature new G-Force tuners with new, improved gears, as well as an adjustable titanium zero-fret nut with a locking feature. Generally the hardware has been upgraded, giving it the full premium treatment, replacing Zamac with Titanium in places and now featuring chrome knobs and truss rod covers. The HP guitars also all have genuine mother-of-pearl inlays. Once again the HP models all feature that super-smooth, fast-access heel to help you comfortably reach those higher notes as well as upgraded pickups for higher outputs; some models featuring over 150 reversible rewiring options.
Apart from the Firebird Studio HP, all the high performance range of guitars come with a hard-shell case, premium leather strap, Gibson multi-tool and a polishing cloth. The LP Classic, Traditional and Standard all ship with that fantastic bullet-proof-looking aluminium case, so no need to worry about your guitar being damaged in transit!
See the full range of Gibson 2017 below, available to purchase in store or online today!